Council’s vision for the Miller Town Centre is to create a safe and sociable environment that will service a variety of community needs by providing diversified retail, community services, and improved public open space.
Council has prepared a draft Masterplan for renewal of Council owned social infrastructure in Miller. The Masterplan has been informed by the review of key Council strategic documents, community and other stakeholder consultation outcomes, analysis of demographic and community profile, asset conditions and demand and gaps analysis, and development of key principle to guide future development of Miller.
A long-term vision, the draft Masterplan recommends:
- A new multi-purpose community hub integrated with surrounding public open spaces at Miller Square over 3 stages, to include a library with adaptable programming spaces, function and meeting room spaces to accommodate social and community services, health programs, art initiatives, social meeting spaces and adaptable space for education and learning programs;
- New safe pedestrian friendly spaces;
- New open and connected axis into Miller Square with boulevard of trees;
- Proposed increase of urban tree canopy on precinct scale that connects and identifies key connection corridors;
- A staged redevelopment of Michael Wenden Aquatic Leisure Centre;
- Creating connections among various destinations and facilities; and
- Renewal works to existing parks and open spaces to improve their accessibility, safety and optimise utilisations.
At its meeting on 27 October 2020, Council resolved to place the Draft Miller Social Infrastructure Masterplan on exhibition for public comments.
Have your say
Council invites residents and interested members of the public to view the Draft Masterplan and provide Council with feedback (quoting File no. 2020/5891). Written submissions are to be addressed to the A/CEO and can be sent to Locked Bag 7064, Liverpool BC NSW 1871; or firstname.lastname@example.org. Submissions can also be made online through the form linked at the top of this webpage.
Submissions must be received by 5pm on 21 December 2020.
Any enquiries regarding the draft masterplan can be directed to Mark Taylor, Social Infrastructure Planner on 02 8711 7832.