Why is Council engaging online?
Traditional community consultation usually involves attending 'town hall' meetings or providing written submissions to Council, and this can often be time consuming and inconvenient, and sometimes intimidating. Liverpool Listens gives you the opportunity to have your say and contribute your feedback on issues that are important to you, at a time and place of your choice.
- It is a quick, safe and convenient way to have your say on a range of issues and topics.
- It is a great way to keep up to date and contribute your views through surveys, discussion forums, quick polls, submissions, through stories and video and through interactive mapping.
- You can see what other community members think about an issue or topic, respond with your own views and engage in a discussion.
- You don't have to attend community meetings at a set place and time, you can contribute at a time and place that suits you.
- It allows for a range of different people, with different views to discuss matters that impact on their community.
- It's online and you can participate via mobile phone, tablets, laptops and desk top computers
How can I participate in the online consultations?
If you have not previously participated simply click on the
"Register" button at the top right hand of the page, when prompted
create your SCREEN NAME (Note: any public comments you make will will appear under your screen name and you can comment anonymously through a screen name of your choice)
create your PASSWORD and provide a valid email address, your
age, gender and the location in which you live. To help us tailor consultations
based on your interests, we also ask that you indicate the topics that you are interested in and would
like to provide feedback on.
If you have previously participated, simply click on the "Sign In" function located on the right hand side of the top tool bar.
How are discussion forum comments moderated?
All moderation is carried out by Bang the Table and all moderation is independent of Council. The moderators do not edit or alter any comments and will only remove comments deemed to be significantly off topic, offensive or malicious, in which case they are removed from the site and the participant is advised of the reason. For more information about the moderation process, please refer to the moderation guidelines.
Is my privacy protected?
Yes! Your privacy is absolutely protected and Council and our online engagement providers, Bang The Table, will only use your email to contact you with updates and to invite you to participate in consultations. Your email address will not be distributed to any third party or used for any other purpose. We do not ask for your personal details or require them at any time as part of your participation. You may like to review our privacy statement.